Removing unwanted hair all over the body is part of the female life. Modern women want to have a smooth body constantly, and the best way to achieve it is with waxing. When we hear about waxing, the very first thought is pain. Yes, waxing is painful, but is one of the most effective ways to have smooth and silky skin for 3-4 weeks.
Waxing of the intimate zone – yes or no?
Intimate hair removal divides women into two extremes – either you love it or you don’t even want to hear about it. Statistics show that nearly 50% of women in the world make full bikini waxing. Actually it’s not surprising that more men also follow this trend.
If you tried it, you know for sure why women are reluctant to feel such pain. But intimate hair removal gives a feeling of freshness, cleanliness, sexuality and even greater confidence.
But opponents believe that the intimate hair removal, especially full bikini waxing (Brazilian waxing), leads to an increased number of infections among women and that is the result of low self-esteem. Critics argue that the complete intimate hair removal results in an increased number of plastic operations in the intimate zone to correct the appearance of the genitals, thereby increasing the health risk.
Full Brazilian waxing
Full Brazilian waxing means completely removing the hair from the intimate zone, from the lower abdomen to the tail. Sometimes, some women leave and thin unwaxed vertical line in the middle, which is called ‘landing strip’ or French waxing.
This type of hair removal came from Brazil for the first time thanks to seven sisters, who opened their J Sisters International Salon in Manhattan in 1987. Since then the popularity of full Brazilian waxing only increases.
Women love the full Brazilian waxing because they feel more attractive and more sexual, cleaner, and most men like the smooth and silky female body.
If you decide to give a chance to the full Brazilian waxing, you have two options – the heroic, to do it yourself at home or to trust a professional.
To avoid the pain as much as possible, do this after you had your period, and 3-4 before its starts. Have a high level of hygiene before proceeding with the full intimate zone hair removal or before visiting the beauty salon.
Full Brazilian waxing in a beauty salon
Most women choose this delicate procedure to be done by experienced cosmeticians. In the beauty salon you’ll have to be very flexible and not ashamed from the cosmetician. The intimate zone hair has to be completely removed, so you might do a little uncomfortable poses for a while.
Be sure that the cosmetic studio that you plan to visit regularly do this type of hair removal, because otherwise you risk someone to practice on you.
You should look out for when choosing a cosmetic salon. For this type of procedure, its reputation it is not the only important thing. It is best to seek a personal recommendation from your friends or close colleagues.
Full Brazilian waxing at home
If you have enough courage to do a full Brazilian waxing at home, here’s how to do it.
1. You should have your intimate zone clean, with no lotion or body oil. The best thing to do is wash your intimate zone with gentle soap and completely dry it before you start with the procedure.
2. The hair shouldn’t be too long or too short. The length is recommended to be 0.25 – 0.5 inches. If the hair is longer, use scissors to trim it to the proper length.
3. Wax a small part to check your skin sensitivity and to avoid unwanted allergic reactions.
4. Place a mirror between your legs, to have visibility to the parts that you can’t see. It is best to start from the front and move backwards.
5. Apply a thin layer of wax in the direction of the hair growth. If you apply a thick layer of wax, it will be more painful, the hair will be difficult to remove, and there will be a risk to hurt the skin because on this part of the body the skin is most sensitive and delicate.
6. The cotton strips for intimate hair removal should be small. The smaller the area that you wax, the better you will endure the pain. Place the strips onto the wax.
7. Tighten the skin around the strip and pull the strip in the opposite direction from the hair growth.
8. Keep a hand towel dipped in warm water to clean the wax if it is water soluble. If not, then clean it with cotton pad dipped in a little oil. That way you’ll easily remove the remaining wax from your skin.
Helpful tips for full Brazilian waxing:
Do gentle exfoliation. Before the hair removal, it is useful to make a very gentle exfoliation to remove the dead skin cells. Also, it is not a bad idea to do gentle exfoliation three days after the full Brazilian waxing. That will reduce the risk of ingrown hair.
Know the area where to expect the most pain. Every woman feel different intensity of the pain. Usually the greatest pain is under the lower abdomen. If you know where to expect the greatest pain you will be more prepared.
Cough. This is very interesting advice. When you pull the strip, cough. That will drag the attention away from pain. It really works!
Don’t wax over wounds, scars or freckles.
After waxing avoid:
Tight clothes. You shouldn’t wear tight clothing after you’ve waxed your intimate area, because it will increase the irritation of the skin and the creation of ingrown hair.
Swimming. Entering into a pool, lake, sea, ocean or hot tub the day when you had the full Brazilian waxing.
Tanning salon or sauna. Don’t use a sauna or tanning bed the next two days after waxing.