DIY Homemade treatments for eyes and lips
Did you know that you can make some simple homemade treatments for your eyes and lips just by using items that you can find in your kitchen. Here are some easy and simple homemade eye treatments and moisturizing and nourishing homemade lip treatments.
DIY homemade treatments for your eyes
Homemade treatments for puffy eyes and swollen eyelids
- Apply two raw potato slices or two tea bags on your eyes for 15 minutes. The best tea to use is green or black tea.
- If you have red eyes and swollen eyelids, you can make a homemade eye treatment with strong chamomile tea. Prepare the tea with 2 teabags of chamomile tea and 1 cup of filtered water. Place the chamomile tea in a cup and pour boiling filtered water. Leave the tea to cool. Dip two cotton pads in the tea and place them on your eyelids for 15 minutes. You can drink the rest of the tea, or freeze a little for a homemade eye treatment with ice.
- Ice ‘melts’ the puffy eyes and it’s great homemade treatment for puffy eyes. The cold from the ice shrinks the blood vessels and reduces the puffiness. To make the ice even more soothing and calming, freeze some chamomile or green tea, or aloe vera juice. Take the ice cube from the container and massage your eyes in gentle circular motion starting from the inner corner of your eyes to the outer corner.
- Bags, dark circles under eyes and puffiness of the eyelids appear most often when you do not sleep enough, so be sure to take a good night sleep.
DIY natural homemade eye masks
These natural homemade eye masks will nourish and moisturize the skin in your eye area and they’ll smooth the fine wrinkles. There are many store bought under eye patches, but you can make you own natural DIY eye masks.
- You can make the classic homemade eye mask with cucumber. Just grate a small piece of cucumber a squeeze the juice. Dip two cotton pads into the cucumber juice and place them onto your eyes. Remove the pads after 15-20 minutes.
- Dip two cotton pads into cold milk and place them onto your eyes. Remove the pads after 15-20 minutes.
- You can make a moisturizing avocado eye mask. Just mash a small piece of avocado and apply it around your eyes. After 10-15 minutes rinse with cold water.
Homemade nourishing treatments for eyelashes
To nourish and enhance the growth of your eyelashes, people usually recommend and swear in three products – vaseline, extra virgin olive oil and sweet almond oil. All you need to do is to apply some vaseline, extra virgin olive oil or sweet almond oil on your lashes and eyelids and go to bed. You need to do this couple of times and your lashes will become longer and thicker.
Homemade treatments for your lips
- Make a simple lip scrub with sugar and extra virgin olive oil. Massage your lips for few minutes and rinse.
- You can also make a lip scrub with some baking soda and runny honey. Mix the two ingredients together and apply them on your lips. Massage your lips for few minutes and rinse.
- Make a simple lip mask with 1 teaspoon of thick plain yogurt and a 3-4 drops of lemon juice and apply it on your lips. When the homemade lip mask gets completely dry, rinse it and your lips will be soft and smooth.
- You can also make a nourishing lip mask with strawberry and extra virgin olive oil. Mash one strawberry and add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Apply the mixture on your lips and leave it for 19-15 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- A good homemade lip treatment is honey. Apply some honey on your lips and go to bed. The next morning your lips will be moisturized and soft.