Honey is the best tool against hangovers, say British scientists.
The main active ingredient of honey – fructose allows the body to break down alcohol more easily to safer ingredients.
Initially, the alcohol decomposes into the toxic acetaldehyde, which is toxic to the body and causes headaches and nausea. With the help of fructose, however, it is converted to acetic acid, which with the normal metabolic processes is burned into carbon dioxide, which is taken away from the body with breathing.
Experts recommend honey to be eaten on toast.
To reduce the toxicity of the spirits, it is better to take a glass of milk before drinking.