The Most Common Relationship Issues and How to Solve Them
Every relationship has its own issues, but to have a strong relationship you must learn how to solve them. If you identify problems before they develop into an argument, you’ll have a better chance to stop them and not allow them to interfere with the harmony of your relationship.
To be ready to tackle every relationship problem, first you need to learn which are the most common relationship problems and their solutions. Here are the most common relationship issues and how to solve them:
Common relationship issue – Lack of trust
Trust is a very important part of every relationship. If there is even a drop of doubt in one or both partners, it means that there’s a real absence of trust. And without trust, your relationship is doomed. You need to try to restore the trust in your partner, before it’s too late.
- Don’t lie to your partner because even small lies can cause mistrust. Always be honest with your partner.
- Do what you have promised, if you promised to call him, do it. That way he will have complete confidence in you.
- Give him some freedom and don’t make him feel suffocated. If he wants to go out with friends, you shouldn’t make a big scandal out of it. If you have a reason not to trust him, then you should talk to him about it.
- Don’t be too jealous. A tiny bit of jealousy might be good for the relationship but too much jealousy can become a cause for destruction of your relationship.
Common relationship issue – Lack of communication
Most relationship problems appear because partners don’t have a clear communication between them. You and your partner can’t communicate properly, especially about important stuff while you’re watching your favorite series and he’s on his phone.
- Put away your mobile phones, turn off the TV and have a proper conversation with your partner.
- Set some basic rules like don’t interrupt the other while he’s talking, or don’t use offensive words.
- Look your partner in his eyes and listen to what he has to say about the subject. Don’t look at your nails, don’t look at some random dot on the wall, just look him in the eye and pay attention to what he’s saying.
- If you can’t have a normal conversation without raising your voice to one another, go and talk in public. That way you’ll be embarrassed to raise your voice and you can have a normal conversation.
Common relationship issue – Money
For some couples, money can become a really big issue. Many relationships and marriages are falling apart because of money problems. Don’t let this happen to you and your relationship.
- If you and your partner are working, you have right to have personal money. Calculate your home budget, calculate how much money you spend for bills, groceries etc. and set a personal budgets. That way you’ll both have personal money that you can spend however you want.
- Don’t blame each other on who spends more or less. Discuss what your priorities are and find a compromise on how you’ll spend the money.
- Be honest with one another about your income and debt. If you both spend too much and continue spending on things that you don’t really need, you’ll get in debt and you’l only worsen the situation.
Common relationship issue – Lack of intimacy
Sometimes, no mater how much partners love each other, there’s not enough intimacy in their relationship. But don’t let this thing to disappoint you, because intimacy is important for a relationship to work but it isn’t everything. But there are small things that you can do that will bring you and your partner together and strengthen your relationship.
- Kiss your partner every morning and every night. Kissing will keep the spark in your relationship alive and you and your partner will feel closer.
- If you’re both busy and you don’t have time for making love, plan it. That way you’ll both feel the sweet anticipation and you’ll be in a better mood during the day and looking forward to the evening.
- Have more date nights. You don’t have to go to a fancy restaurant all the time. Just pick your favorite movie and cuddle on the couch while watching it.