We all know how important regular exercise is to stay fit and healthy, but did you know that facial exercises are an alternative that helps anyone over the age of 25 to keep their skin looking young? Your face has muscles, just like any other part of your body so it’s necessary to pay appropriate attention to your face as well.
Facial muscle exercises, combined with natural and cosmetic products and facial massage at home, is essential for maintaining firm, healthy and young looking skin.
Here are some easy facial muscle exercises to stay looking young that you can do easily at home without too much effort:
Facial muscle exercises for your eyes
1. First and foremost, make sure that your hands are really clean and you don’t have any product on your eyes or your face. If you have any eye problems, skip the exercises for your eyes.
2. Close your eyes and count to 3, then open eyes really wide and again count to 3. Repeat this exercise 5 times.
3. Tightly close and open your eyes, while you’re stretching the outer corner of your eyes a little bit with your index and middle finger. Don’t stretch you skin too much because the skin in the eye area is really delicate.
4. Look straight forward and with your index fingers gently lift the lower lids to your upper lids (your lids doesn’t have to touch), wait 2 seconds, then release your eyelids.
5. Keep your head straight and move your eyes slowly in circles: first on the left, then on the right. Repeat this exercise 4-5 times.
6. Look straight forward, then slowly look to the left, wait for 3 seconds, then look forward again. Do this also wile looking on the right.
7. Place your index fingers on your outer corners and start to do a really gentle massage with circular movements. Do this for 10 seconds.
These exercises will help you to strengthen your eye muscles, reduce swelling, and prevent the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
Facial muscle exercises for tighter skin
1. Every exercise should be a pleasurable experience so you need to relax first. Inhale through your nose, expanding your nostrils and then exhale through your mouth.
2. Close your teeth and open your mouth (like you’re smiling). Breathe through your mouth, while stretching the edges of your mouth as wide as you can, then exhale through your nose while relaxing your mouth. You’ll immediately feel that your mouth and neck muscles are tensing.
3. Close your teeth. Make a letter ‘o’ with your mouth and breathe in through your mouth and breathe out through your mouth for couple of seconds. Then close your mouth and open it slightly in your right corner and breathe through the corner of your mouth. Do the same with the left corner.
4. Breathe through your mouth, fill your cheeks with air, keep them filled with air for couple of seconds them exhale and relax your cheeks.
5. Inhale through your nose and fill your cheeks with air, then exhale through your mouth.
6. Slowly inhale through your nose, pull your head back, exhale through the mouth, then return your head back to the normal position.
7. Inhale through your nose and tilt your head slowly to your right shoulder as far as you can (your shoulder shouldn’t be raised, keep it relaxed) and exhale through your mouth with the head back to the normal position. Do this exercise to your left shoulder too.
8. Move your head in circular motion – first clockwise, then counter clockwise.
9. Inhale with your nose, lift your head slightly and turn your head to the left as far as you can, and when exhaling return your head to the normal position. Repeat in opposite direction.
You can do these facial muscle exercises every day with the intensity that’s comfortable for you. And don’t over do it, when you feel that your muscles are tired, stop and relax.